Followers

Monday, September 12, 2022

Picked Beans

 As soon as breakfast was over, I picked the Blue Lake pole beans.  We don't need them for ourselves.  I took them to Karen Bennett.  I rang the bell, but no one answered.  I brought them back home.  I did a little watering.  I cut down some of the hardy ‎Pampas grass in the dahlia garden.  There is way too much of it.

I picked this topaz melon yesterday and put it in the fridge.  I removed the seeds and cut away the bad spots.  I cut one half into pieces and put the other half in the fridge.   It tasted really good.  
A deer has taken a bite out of another topaz melon.
I found a bag of wood chips.  I put some of it in the hen house nests.  That is where I want the chickens to lay their eggs.
I spent some time helping Alisha Bill in her hard.  I cut the branches off to small rose bushes and applied Killzall the cut stems.  I found several puncture weeds in her yard.  The above photo shows me holding the biggest one.  We put it in a bag and then I took it to the dump.
This is the stump of a Siberian elm tree.  It is about one inch in diameter.  I painted the stump with Killzall.   
There was another Siberian elm in the north garden.  It had several stems.  I painted it also with Killzall.  There was larger tree in the south garden.  It had a diameter of a little over two inches.  I sawed it down and painted the stump with Killzall.   It is on the truck.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment