Followers

Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Grapes & Rain

If I sleep in, I don't have time to read from the Book of Mormon.  If we are late in going to bed, I will usually sleep in.  After breakfast, I took seven Topaz melons to the post office and put in the "share your produce display."  I then began picking the grapes west of the hen house.  I found a whole lot more than I thought I would.   I finished filling the bucket with the grapes by the vines near the asparagus plants.

I took the grapes into the kitchen where Carol washed them and removed the stems and bad grapes.  
I went back to the asparagus plants and filled the bucket with the grapes.  
There were three batches of grapes.  We put the first batch in the steamer where we extracted the juice.  Because it was so hot, we had trouble getting the juice in the quart bottles.  Some juice was spilt on the floor, we did the three batches.
When we finished, we five quarts and on pint.  I cleaned the chicken's water bucket and filled it full of water.  I also cleaned the pellet bucket and filled with hen pellets.
Later in the afternoon, we had a pretty good rainstorm.  This a photo of the front porch and wet sidewalk.
The rain was running off the roof and falling into the buckets.  

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment