Followers

Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Saved Seeds

I was up fairly early this morning.  I showered, shaved, and read from the Book of Mormon.  Carol slept in this morning.  I turned on the news before she was up.  I fed the cats and started breakfast.  I cut the Topaz melon in half and saved the seeds.  I cut the halves and in halves again.  Then I cut away the rind.                                                      

I washed the seeds and strained them through a sieve.  I put the seeds on a newspaper.  After a few hours they were dry.
I cut down the old corn stalks.
Here they are in two piles.
The newer corn stalks are the only ones that are left.
I dug up nearly fifty allium bulbs.
And planted them in various places in the dry garden north of the house.  They will show their pretty flowers in the spring. They are very drought tolerant. 
I went back and to the south garden and cut down the rest of the corn stalks.
I fed the chickens several times.  The watermelon half is upside down.  The chickens made a hole through the melon trying to get to the seeds.  Near the top of the page there is an old ear of corn.  I gathered two eggs today.
Later this evening, I picked the tomatoes.  By the time I finished picking I ended up with three full buckets.  We will take some to the ward harvest dinner tomorrow evening.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment