Followers

Sunday, December 25, 2022

Christmas Day

I really slept well last night.  I was up fairly early and came into the family room.  The door to Richard's bedroom was still closed.  I went into my bathroom and showered, dressed, put on some new socks, said my prayers and then shaved.  Richard was up when I came back to the family room.  I started my old fashion oatmeal mush and then fed the cats.  I turned on the radio for some Christmas music.  We had breakfast and opened the presents.

We opened presents for about one-half hour.  There were a lot of nice presents.  We put all of the wrapers and boxes in a large black garbage bag.  Later Richard to the bag to the dump.
I got this picture of our Christmas cactus.  There are quite a few buds.  My mother had this cactus and we have had it for a long time.  After a while we got ready for church.  We put a casserole that we bought from the Fillmore Market.  I put it on time bake.  Church started at ten.  We had quite a wait before it was time to go.  There were quite a few cars in the parking lot when we got there.  People in the choir had assigned benches to sit on.  Richard and Carol sit behind me.  After the sacrament was past to the congregation, The choir members to their places in the choir seats.  The choir program went really well.  After the meeting we went home.  Our dinner was cooked, and we set down to the casserole and funeral potatoes.  We also had corn fritters and frozen peas from out garden.  We received calls from friends and family members.  We had several people knock on our door with treats.  There was a young man that gave us a small bag of popcorn and a pretzel.  Carol at the popcorn and I ate the pretzel.  We watched TV until we went to bed.

Please LIKE, SHARE and LEAVE A COMMENT! We want to hear from you!






No comments:

Post a Comment